Definitions and interpretation
Data: Collectively all information that you submit to Stewart Triplow T/A Gem Car Valeting via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but notlimited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Stewart Triplow T/A Gem CarValeting, we or us: Stewart Triplow T/A Gem Car Valeting of Highdown, Crowborough Hill, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6 2HL;
User or you: Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Stewart Triplow T/A Gem Car Valeting and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Stewart Triplow T/A Gem Car Valeting and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: The website that you are currently using, https://www.gemcarvaleting.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Stewart Triplow T/A Gem Car Valeting is the "data controller". This means that Stewart Triplow T/A Gem Car Valeting determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
Data that is given to us by you
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example: a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
You may contact Stewart Triplow T/A Gem Car Valeting by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
24 May 2018